LingBox Ltd (“LingBox”, “us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when collecting, storing and using your personal data.
Who we are
Information we may collect from you
We collect and process the personal information that you supply to us in writing and/or via any of the forms on our website. This includes information provided to us when subscribing to our promotional newsletter, completing and submitting our enquiry form, get a quote form, or application form, and/or any information provided to us via email, by post and/or telephone.
The information that you provide to us could include the following:
- Name, company, job title and role
- Email address and telephone number
- Personal or company address
- Documents and information for the provision of services and quotations
- Bank account details in order to process invoices and payments
- Personal and professional information included in your CV or application form
Why we use and store your personal information
We store and process your personal information for the purposes of providing our services and on the legal basis that we are fulfilling, or taking steps to enter, a contract with you. How and why we use your personal information depends on your relationship with us.
- If you are a client, we collect and use the information that you provide to us to process quotations that you request, to follow up the quotations that we provide to you, and to provide you with our services. We keep the information that you provide to us for a minimum period of 12 months following the provision of services so that we can promptly meet your needs if you return to us for further services.
- If you are a supplier of services to LingBox (e.g. a translator or interpreter), we use the information we hold about you to enable us to work with you in the provision of services to our clients. We keep this information to enable us to work with you unless you contact us to let us know that you no longer wish to work with us.
We are legally required to retain details of transactions and copies of invoices for accounting and tax purposes which may include some of your personal details.
You may make a request to access, rectify or delete the personal information we hold about you as detailed below under the section ‘Your Rights’.
Disclosing your Information
We may disclose your personal information or documents to our suppliers (translators and interpreters) as reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing our services. We have a non-disclosure agreement in place with each of our suppliers to ensure that information passed on to the supplier is only used for the purpose of providing our services and in accordance with the non-disclosure agreement.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to our accountant for the purposes of processing and submitting our company accounts and tax returns;
- to government authorities, law enforcement bodies, and regulators where such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- to legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We will not sell your information to third parties.
Subscribing to our Newsletter
When subscribing to our newsletter, you may provide us with personal information such as your name and email address. This information is used to send you periodic newsletters via email on the basis that you have given us consent to do so. Details about your engagement with our newsletters, such as if and when you opened the newsletter and if and when you clicked any of the links within the newsletter, may also be collected. We use Mailchimp as our email marketing service provider so your name and the email address you provide when subscribing to our newsletter and information about your engagement with our newsletters will also be collected by Mailchimp (please see below for more details about our third-party data processers and their privacy procedures). You have the option to be removed from our newsletter recipient list and to stop receiving marketing material from LingBox at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our newsletters or alternatively, please contact us.
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are stored on your device either for the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or for a fixed period (“persistent cookies”). A persistent cookie remains in your web browser’s subfolder for the duration period set within the cookie’s file.
Third party data processors
We use the following third parties for their services, we consider these third parties as data processors because, in order for them to provide their services to us, they may process your personal data on our behalf. We use Mailchimp as our email marketing service provider, Google G Suite as our email hosting service provider and Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website by its visitors. These third parties are based in the United States of America and are EU-US Privacy Shield compliant, meaning they comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can find information about their privacy procedures via the links below.
Under data protection law, you have a number of rights regarding your personal data, these include:
- the right to request details on how and why we process your personal information and with whom it is shared;
- the right to request that we update, correct, stop using or remove the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
Any such request (to which a response will be provided within 30 days of receipt and may be subject to a small fee) should be sent to us via email to [email protected] or in writing to LingBox Limited, Trident Business Centre, 89 Bickersteth Road, London, SW17 9SH. We may need to take steps to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Links to other websites
Last updated 17 June 2018